Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Los Muñequitos de Matanzas: Cántalo pero Bailalo, Part 1



This is from a TV program, presumably Cuban, I have on VHS, probably from the 80's.

Los Muñequitos play and then they are interviewed briefly. I will be posting it in parts.

A beautiful production, well directed, well lit, and they are in their prime. Does anyone know the name of the maruga player here? And what happened to him?

I have a higher-quality file I can put up for download if anyone is interested. The videos don't seem to be getting too many downloads, so let me know.

UPDATE: The HQ mp4 Video (94MB)has been uploaded to rapidshare.com.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the maruga player / cantante is Ricardo Llorca "Chacho". He sings on the Cantar Maravilloso and Rumba Caliente 77/88 albums, and is the only one I never met, so I am just going by process of elimination. I don't think he came to the US with the group on their tours, and I don't know what happened to him, it seems Israel Berriel (hijo) replaced him as cantante tercero in the early 90s.
George Friedman-Jimenez

Barry said...

Thanks George, yes the name rings a bell, I think he may even be listed in the liner notes to those CDs, I should have checked.

Later I will be post some more video of him singing, his voice is reminiscent of Saldiguera.

saludos

Anonymous said...

The second video (part 1) is outstanding. I never saw El Goyo play live, and always loved his style on tumbador. If you can post the higher quality video, especially of part 1, that would be great.
George

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the videos!!! At the very least, I am enjoying downloading them, even if your overall number of responses is rather low.

=D

Barry said...

I appreciate that, thanks!