Friday, November 03, 2006

Conjunto Folklórico Nacional: Guaguancó



Again from the "Encuentro de la música" TV Special. I believe this is Cándito Zayas on vocals, someone correct me if I am wrong. This is a great version of "Tu eres muy niña." I love how the melody differs slightly from Carlos Embale's version, and he goes to the "A Lala e a..." coro.

This is presented as a "rumba de tiempo españa," with cajones and a nice demonstration of the "rumba mimética" as "Lala" begins scrubbing the floor.

You can download a HQ (68MB) version of this clip here.

3 comments:

Cuco-Juan R Castellanos said...

This rumba is normaly played as a Yambu (slow tempo of guaguanco rhythm)
but here is played as a guaguanco.
WHEN WE SAY "RUMBA TIEMPO ESPANA" WE ARE REFERING TO A YAMBU STYLE.

Cuco.
JRCUBA.com

Rebecca said...

Do you have a year for this video? gracias.

Barry said...

No, sorry I can't be sure, I would guess mid-80's?